One of the many things I started but never got around to finishing on this blog was the 55 Reasons Challenge. It was based on a BuzzFeed article that highlighted the many charming things we love about British men, illustrated by cute gifs of various British men doing endearing things. One particular reader of this blog really liked these posts and often tried to give me a nudge into posting more of them. Unfortunately, I only made it to number nine. I was thinking of this particular reader today as I read news of the horrible weather that the state of Texas is enduring, due to Hurricane Harvey. I touched base with her on Twitter to see how she was doing (she’s okay and so is her house) and then I thought that maybe I could finish the ’55 Reasons Challenge’ just to make her smile. Although I won’t be dedicating separate posts to do this, I will illustrate each trait with a gif/image of Richard. That’s 47 pics of Richard! So, SnowyJo, this one’s for you:
10. But they also look phenom with little on at all.
11. That self-assured self-deprecation.
12. The way they can so pull off ginger.
13. Seriously. Red-headed Brits are hot.
14. That pensive beard stroke.
15. That look they get when they’re falling in love.
16. Their coy sense of humor.
17. Their ability to start a fire in a button-up shirt.
18. Their sensitivity.
19. Their dimples.
20. Their good lad values!
21. This goofy “yuuuup” grin.
22. The way they know exactly what to do in tough moments.
23. Their willingness to be utterly ridiculous.
24. The adorable crinkles in their eyes when they laugh.
25. The way they boogie.
26. And the way they groove.
27. And the way NO-body has moves like Jagger.
28. The cute face they make when they’re indignant.
29. The way they smile even when they disagree with you.
30. That lil’ head-to-shoulder modesty move.
31. The way they greet you with words, not just a chin jut.
32. The way they know how to set the mood.
33. That. Lip. Bite.
34. Or the lip-bite-grin evolution.
35. The way they take their tea: adorably.
36. THEIR SUITS.
37. Seriously, all men should always wear suits.
38. The way they can make you feel like the only girl in the world.
39. How when they say something, they mean it.
40. The way they can be just too lovable.
41. The way they wear those long winter coats with the collars up.
42. The adorable way they try on American English.
43. The way they’ll readily admit when they’ve found something good.
44. That thing where they lean back to think.
45. When they do this little faux-frown.
46. The way they get to the point.
47. Everything about this man.
48. The way they look when you take their breath away.
49. Their romanticism.
50. That thing where they wear sweaters on top of button downs and it’s like, Hello!
51. Their slightly awkward and wholly endearing style of flirtation.
52. The way they rock a bowtie.
53. Their understated, honest manner of expressing their feelings.
54. The way they’re good with animals.
55. Their emotional intelligence.
Oh. And they have accents. Those are pretty nice, too.