A new blogging challenge, woo hoo! Guylty has created the Fan A-Z Challenge and I just had to come out of hiding to participate, because you know I can’t resist these types of things!
There are some really good questions in this challenge that aren’t just the same old ‘favorite outfit’ type
The questions about fandom are what really intrigued me. a few of the questions don’t apply to me but I think I’ll be able to answer most of them. so without further ado, let’s tackle the first letter.
A.) if you add up all the money you have spent on DVDs, cinema tickets, accommodation, theatre tickets, fanart, audio books etc, how expensive has RA been so far?
Compared to other fans, I haven’t spent a lot of money on my RA fangirling.
I have purchased relatively little merchandise and I haven’t gone to a premiere or any kind of event. after sitting down and adding it all up, this is what I’ve spent money on:
- cinema tickets for all three Hobbit movies (The Desolation of Smaug twice) and Into The Storm
- DVDs/Blurays for all three Hobbit movies
- rented film version of The Crucible and interview
- Funko Pop! Thorin
- Red Dragon Plushie
- An Inconvenient Marriage and Venetia audio books on CD
- North & South novel
- North & South DVD
- A Heart For Milton ebook
- Harry Kennedy episodes of The Vicar of Dibley on DVD
- Photobucket add free plans for 2 years to house my collection of gifs
That’s about it! anything else I have was gifted to me.
It doesn’t seem like much, as far as fangirling goes, but it adds up to a little over $300 over a five year period. quite a steal for all of the enjoyment it’s brought me ❤